Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
Yamnuska Backcountry Kitchen Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie is one of our original recipes without the beef so if you like that “mom’s home cooking” taste of shepherd’s pie, only in a vegetarian version, then definitely give this dinner a try. It’s comforting, delicious and perfect for a backcountry vegetarian meal.
This popular meal is created from Yves Ground Round simmered with a robust and flavourful vegetable stock with peas, corn, carrots, green beans and spices. It’s served with our dairy-free creamy potato mix.
Whether you prefer your shepherd’s pie with cheese or ketchup, our vegetarian shepherd’s pie will be a hit with vegetarians and meat-eaters won’t know the difference if you don’t tell them!
38 in stock (can be backordered)
Recipe Inspiration and History
It seemed natural to us for one of our signature dishes to be available with all of it's savoury goodness without the beef!
Nutritional Notes for Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie Dehydrated Dinner
- Low saturated fat (total fat 7g 9% DV)
- Excellent source of dietary-fibre (total fat 7g 9% DV)
- Excellent source of protein
- Excellent source of calcium
- Excellent source of iron
Suitability of Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie for Restricted Diets
- Not suitable for persons with soy allergies
- May be suitable for dairy-free diets - read ingredient lists carefully
- Not suitable for gluten-free diets.
- Suitable for Vegetarian Diets
Suggestions for Serving our Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Serviced with potato mix (included)
- Add shredded cheese on top
- Add a dollop of ketchup, if preferred
- Garnish with parsley flakes, or sliced green onions
Preparation Instructions for 1 package(145g) of Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
Keeping hydrated is even more critical when you consume foods that have had their moisture removed to keep from spoiling outside of the fridge and freezer. Proper re-hydration prior to consumption is very important. In high impact or long endurance activities, keeping your body properly hydrated is challenging and can on its own create issues with energy levels, strength and concentration. We have some tips for staying hydrated in the backcountry.
- Mix contents of package and 650ml of water in a 1 L pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn off heat, and let stand 15 minutes or longer.
- Return the mixture to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on altitude and temperature.
- Continue to rehydrate until the desired texture is achieved.
- Season to your personal taste & serve.
Nutrition Facts per 1 package (145g) of our Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie Dinner
- Portion Size 145g (Serves 1)
- Calories 490
- Fat 7g (9%)
- Saturated Fat 0.5g + Trans 0g (3%)
- Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
- Carbohydrate 83g
- Fibre 14g (50%)
- Sugar 15g (15%)
- Protein 25g
- Sodium 1170mg (51%)
- Potassium 75mg (2%)
- Calcium 175mg (13%)
- Iron 8mg (44%)
Ingredients List for Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Mixed Vegetables
- Yves Ground Round
- Mashed Potatoes
- Vegetable Soup Base
- Gluten Free Flour
- Canola Oil
|Dimensions||100 × 80 × 60 mm|
No Added Dairy, No Egg, No Fish, No Nuts, No Peanuts, No Pork, No Sulphites