Our Vegetarian Chili dehydrated dinner entrée is hand-crafted the same way as our Alberta beef original only it’s made with a hearty vegetable stock and Yves Ground Round, plus cumin, chill powder, tangy kalamata olives, plum tomatoes, and red kidney beans.
When served with brown rice included in the package, you have a nutritious and delicious vegetarian dinner that’s easy to prepare; it’s a must-have on our backcountry adventures for guests following a vegetarian diet.
When backcountry camping with a group and only one meal makes sense, Yamnuska’s Vegetarian Chili dehydrated dinner entrée satisfies meat-eaters too!
Mix in some shredded sharp cheddar cheese just prior to serving and add hot sauce to dial up the heat,
38 in stock (can be backordered)
Recipe Inspiration and History
Our oldest recipe - beef chili - needed a vegetarian companion and so here we are.
Nutritional Notes for Vegetarian Chili Dehydrated Dinner
- Low in saturated fat (Total Fat 12g)
- Excellent source of dietary-fibre (total fat 12g)
- Excellent source of protein
- Excellent source of calcium
- Excellent source of iron
Suitability of Vegetarian Chili for Restricted Diets
- May be suitable for dairy-free diets - read the ingredient lists carefully.
- Not suitable for gluten-free diets.
- May be suitable for vegan diets.
Suggestions for Serving our Vegetarian Chili
- Serviced with instant brown rice (included)
- Added shredded old cheddar cheese on top, before serving
- Add your favourite hot sauce to turn up the heat to desired level
Preparation Instructions for 1 package(145g) of Vegetarian Chili
Keeping hydrated is even more critical when you consume foods that have had their moisture removed to keep from spoiling outside of the fridge and freezer. Proper re-hydration prior to consumption is very important. In high impact or long endurance activities, keeping your body properly hydrated is challenging and can on its own create issues with energy levels, strength and concentration. We have some tips for staying hydrated in the backcountry.
- Mix contents of package and 650ml of water in a 1 L pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn off heat, and let stand 15 minutes or longer.
- Return the mixture to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on altitude and temperature.
- Continue to rehydrate until the desired texture is achieved.
- Season to your personal taste & serve.
Nutrition Facts per 1 package (145g) of our Vegetarian Chili Dinner
- Portion Size 145g (Serves 1)
- Calories 540
- Fat 13g (17%)
- Saturated Fat 1.0g + Trans 0g (5%)
- Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
- Carbohydrate 80g
- Fibre 12g (43%)
- Sugar 16g (16%)
- Protein 23g
- Sodium 1130mg (49%)
- Potassium 175mg (4%)
- Calcium 350mg (27%)
- Iron 11.5mg (64%)
Ingredients List for Vegetarian Chili
- Tomatoes diced
- Yves Ground Round
- Brown Rice ( Instant)
- Kalamata Olives
- Tomato paste
- Dijon Mustard
- Minced Garlic
- Lemon Juice
|Dimensions||80 × 60 × 100 mm|
No Added Dairy, No Egg, No Fish, No Nuts, No Peanuts, No Pork, No Sulphites