- You cannot add "Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
A flavourful and satisfying backcountry vegetarian dinner, this meal is packed with a medley of zucchini, cauliflower, yams, red lentils, and garbanzo beans, simmered together gently in a lite coconut and mild curry sauce. Don’t let the curry alarm you because our recipe – developed over many years preparing it for our guests in the backcountry – is a wonderful balance of flavours, heat, and spice. It is high in dietary fibre (total fat 27g); is an excellent source of iron & protein; and, is a good source of potassium.
This dish will please vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. it’s a staple on all of chef’s regular, vegetarian, dairy-free, and gluten-free backcountry menus. Make it a staple on your’s too.
Brown rice is included in the package!
Serves: 1 Portion Size: 145g Calories: 580
34 in stock (can be backordered)
Recipe Inspiration and History
For years, our lentil curry dehydrated dinner entree has been the cornerstone of our vegetarian dehydrated dinner menu. This dish has it all. Packed with zucchini, cauliflower, yams, red lentils and garbanzo beans simmered in a mild coconut & curry sauce, A filling and tasty mix of flavours that delivers a punch of dietary fibre and iron, our lentil curry will please vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. Don’t let the curry fool you - this meal has flavour, but is not spicy!
Nutritional Notes for Lentil Curry Dehydrated Dinner
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Excellent Source of Dietary-fibre (Total Fat 27g)
- Good Source of Potassium
- Excellent Source of Iron
Suitability of this Recipe for Restricted Diets
- May be suitable for dairy free diets. Read the ingredients list carefully.
- May be suitable for a Gluten-free diet. Read the ingredients list carefully.
- Suitable for Vegetarian Diet
Suggestions for Serving our Lentil Curry
- Serve with instant brown rice (included in the package)
- Add a spoonful of mango chutney on top just prior to serving. (Not included)
- Also great as a hearty lunch when you have time to stop, take in the wonder of where you are and pull out the pot & stove..
Preparation Instructions for 1 package(150g) of Lentil Curry
Keeping hydrated is even more critical when you consume foods that have had their moisture removed to keep from spoiling outside of the fridge and freezer. Proper re-hydration prior to consumption is very important. In high impact or long endurance activities, keeping your body properly hydrated is challenging and can on its own create issues with energy levels, strength and concentration. We have some tips for staying hydrated in the backcountry.
- Mix contents of package and 650ml of water in a 1 L pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn off heat, and let stand 15 minutes or longer.
- Return the mixture to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on altitude and temperature.
- Continue to rehydrate until the desired texture is achieved.
- Season to your personal taste & serve.
Nutrition Facts per 1 package (145g) of our Lentil Curry Dinner
- Portion Size (Serves 1)
- Calories 580
- Fat 27g (36%)
- Saturated Fat 18.0g + Trans 0g (90%)
- Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
- Carbohydrate 66g
- Fibre 20g (71%)
- Sugar 9g (9%)
- Protein 20g
- Sodium 770mg (33%)
- Potassium 600mg (13%)
- Calcium 100mg (8%)
- Iron 5mg (28%)
Ingredients List for Lentil Curry
- Coconut Milk Lite (5% Total Fat)
- Red lentils
- Green Curry Paste
- Canola Oil
- Red Curry Paste
- Minced Garlic
|Dimensions||80 × 60 × 100 mm|
No Added Dairy, No Added Gluten, No Corn, No Egg, No Fish, No Mustard, No Nuts, No Peanuts, No Pork, No Sulphites