Lamb Curry Dehydrated Dinner Entrée
Lamb Curry Dehydrated Dinner Entrée
Lamb curry is a relatively recent addition to the Yamnuska Backcountry Kitchen dehydrated dinner menu. It will certainly appeal to those who like lamb, and it will also appeal to those who might not normally eat lamb. This is because of it’s lighter flavour when prepared in a mild curry tomato sauce with just the right touch of cinnamon and molasses added!
Our lamb curry is not a typical backcountry meal and it provides a nice flavour option from beef, chicken and vegetarian selections on multi-day menus. And, if you like lamb this dehydrated dinner entrée is the perfect star for your one or two night menu too.
Once the water begins to rehydrate this curry and the aromas begin to release, people will be gathering around the pot with their plates in hand asking, what’s cooking and may I please have some!
Since it was first introduced, Lamb Curry has become one of the popular items for our returning customers order. Try it and discover what they already know!
19 in stock (can be backordered)
Recipe Inspiration and History
As one of the two Lamb meals now on our menu, this curry based dinner is one of our more popular menu items. Those who don’t like really hot curry can rest assure that this meal is mild on the spice but heavy on the flavor. If you like it hot, add some chili pepper flakes or hot sauce to your preferred level of heat. Made from high quality lamb, vegetables and spices, our Lamb Curry is not your typical backcountry meal and it smells as good as it tastes!
Nutritional Notes for Lamb Curry Dehydrated Dinner
- Excellent Source of Dietary Fibre (total fat 10g)
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Excellent Source of Potassium
- Good Source of Calcium
- Excellent Source of Iron
Suitability of Lamb Curry for Restricted Diets
- Suitable for a Lactose-free Diet
Suggestions for Serving our Lamb Curry
- Serve with instant brown rice (Included in package)
- Add some good quality hot sauce to get to your desired level of heat
- top with Shaved Almonds and Cilantro (Not Included) prior to serving
Preparation Instructions for 1 package(145g) of Lamb Curry
Keeping hydrated is even more critical when you consume foods that have had their moisture removed to keep from spoiling outside of the fridge and freezer. Proper re-hydration prior to consumption is very important. In high impact or long endurance activities, keeping your body properly hydrated is challenging and can on its own create issues with energy levels, strength and concentration. We have some tips for staying hydrated in the backcountry.
- Mix contents of package and 650ml of water in a 1 L pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn off heat, and let stand 15 minutes or longer.
- Return the mixture to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on altitude and temperature.
- Continue to rehydrate until the desired texture is achieved.
- Season to your personal taste & serve.
Nutrition Facts per 1 package (145g) of our Lamb Curry Dinner
- Portion Size 145g (Serves 1)
- Calories 520
- Fat 19g (25%)
- Saturated Fat 6.0g + Trans 0.5g (35%)
- Cholesterol 70mg (23%)
- Carbohydrate 63g
- Fibre 7g (25%)
- Sugar 17g (17%)
- Protein 26g
- Sodium 460mg (20%)
- Potassium 1050mg (22%)
- Calcium 200mg (15%)
- Iron 6mg (33%)
Ingredients List for Lamb Curry
- Tomatoes crushed
- Tomatoes diced
- Lamb ground broiled
- Brown Rice ( Instant)
- Canola Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Curry Powder
|Dimensions||80 × 60 × 100 mm|
No Added Dairy, No Added Gluten, No Egg, No Mustard, No Pork, No Soy, No Sulphites