Yamnuska Backcountry Kitchen Dehydrated Curry Chicken is a popular choice and has a place on any backcountry menu. It delivers a whopping 45g of protein when served with the included instant brown rice and provides 570 calories to contribute to recharging your body for the next day’s objective.
Our chicken curry is a flavourful combination of savoury indian spice with just enough heat to make it interesting and to make you want more. One of our lightest dinners to pack (125g) makes it perfect for bringing along on your next backcountry adventure!
54 in stock (can be backordered)
Recipe Inspiration & History
The term curry was a British term first used in the 18th century to describe foods cooked with the spices originating from India. When looking for a meat-based compliment to our meatless Lentil Curry Dehydrated Dinner Entree, our chef looked to common variations around the world and selected chicken for this recipe because of it's mild taste and high levels of protein.
Together with Lentil Curry and, later, Lamb Curry, Chicken Curry rounds out the trio of curry dishes on Yamnuska Backcountry Kitchen's menu of dehydrated dinner entrees.
Nutritional Notes for Chicken Curry Dehydrated Dinner
- Excellent Source of Dietary with 7g of dietary-fibre (10g total fat)
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Excellent Source of Calcium
- Excellent Source of Iron
Suitability of this Recipe for Restricted Diets
- Not suitable for lactose-free diets.
- May be suitable for gluten-free diets - read ingredients lists carefully.
Suggestions for serving our Chicken Curry
- Served with instant brown rice (included)
Preparation Instructions for one package (125g) of Chicken Curry
Keeping hydrated is even more critical when you consume foods that have had their moisture removed to keep from spoiling outside of the fridge and freezer. Proper re-hydration prior to consumption is very important. In high impact or long endurance activities, keeping your body properly hydrated is challenging and can on its own create issues with energy levels, strength and concentration. We have some tips for staying hydrated in the backcountry.
- Mix contents of package and 650ml of water in a 1 L pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn off heat, and let stand 15 minutes or longer.
- Return the mixture to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on altitude and temperature.
- Continue to rehydrate until the desired texture is achieved.
- Season to your personal taste & serve.
Nutrition Facts per 1 package (125g) of Chicken Curry Dinner
- Portion Size (Serves 1)
- Calories 570
- Fat 10g (13%)
- Saturated Fat 1.5g + Trans 0g (13%)
- Cholesterol 100mg (33%)
- Carbohydrate 73g
- Fibre 7g (25%)
- Sugar 16g (16%)
- Protein 45g
- Sodium 250mg (11%)
- Potassium 150mg (3%)
- Calcium 350mg (27%)
- Iron 7mg (39%)
Ingredients List for Chicken Curry
- Cooked Chicken
- Whole grain brown rice
- Sour Cream
- Canola Oil
|Dimensions||80 × 60 × 100 mm|