Bison Stew Dehydrated Dinner Entrée
Bison Stew Dehydrated Dinner Entrée
Created from lean Canadian bison, hearty vegetables and aromatic herbs; our dehydrated bison stew dinner entrée is delicious & easy to prepare! Chef designed this recipe with some heat resulting in a mild kick that is not overpowering.
Bison is an excellent source of protein and a great natural source of bio-available iron to help boo’st energy and increase endurance. It is rich in important vitamins and minerals, low in saturated fat (Cholesterol 40mg/Total Fat 16g) and high in dietary fibre (Total Fat 16g),
Our dehydrated bison stew dinner is perfect for meeting the nutritional & performance demands of backcountry camping. Include it in the menu for your next backcountry adventure. You won’t be disappointed!
Serves: 1 Portion Size: 150g Calories: 570
Available on backorder
Recipe Inspiration & History
The youngest entry on our dinner menu, our bison stew dehydrated dinner entree was first prepared for our long-term mountaineering guests. They loved it and soon our guides were demanding bison stew be a regular feature on our backcountry menus. It has gone on to become one of our clients’ perennial favourites.
We design our delicious dinners to be full flavoured but not overly hot or spicy. Chef added mild heat to our bison stew recipe for a little ‘kick’ to compliment and enhance the flavour of its superb combination of lean Canadian bison, hearty vegetables and aromatic herbs.
Delicious and easy to prepare, our dehydrated bison stew dinner entree performs well in the backcountry and won’t disappoint you. Rich in Vitamin B12, Selenium, Zinc and Phosphorus, canadian bison meat is also an excellent source of Iron, Vitamin B6 and Niacin. Bison meat is a great natural source of bio-available iron. The high iron content in bison meat helps boost energy and increase endurance by improving the blood's capability to transport oxygen and carbon dioxide to and from body cells. See the Canadian Bison Association for lots of great information about the benefits of Canadian bison.
Nutritional Notes for Bison Stew
- Excellent source of protein
- Excellent source of dietary fibre (Total Fat 16g)
- Excellent source of iron
- Low in saturated fat (Cholesterol 40mg/Total Fat 16g)
Suitability of this Recipe for Restricted Diets
- Dairy-free diet
- Gluten-free diet
- Caution for low-sodium diet (contains Sodium: 45% DVI per 570 calories)
Suggestions for Serving our Bison Stew
- Our bison stew comes packaged with dairy free instant mashed potatoes.
- For an extra flavour burst, finish with a small dollop of sweet plum sauce on top, just prior to serving.
Preparation Instructions for 1 package(150g) of Bison Stew Dehydrated Dinner
Keeping hydrated is even more critical when you consume foods that have had their moisture removed to keep from spoiling outside of the fridge and freezer. Proper re-hydration prior to consumption is very important. In high impact or long endurance activities, keeping your body properly hydrated is challenging and can on its own create issues with energy levels, strength and concentration. We have some tips for staying hydrated in the backcountry.
- Mix contents of package and 650ml of water in a 1 L pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn off heat, and let stand 15 minutes or longer.
- Return the mixture to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on altitude and temperature.
- Continue to rehydrate until the desired texture is achieved.
- Season to your personal taste & serve.
Nutrition Facts per 1 package (150g) of Dehydrated Bison Stew Dinner
- Portion Size 150g (Serves 1)
- Calories 570
- Fat 16g (21%)
- Saturated Fat 1.0g + Trans 0g (5%)
- Cholesterol 40mg (13%)
- Carbohydrate 84g
- Fibre 13g (46%)
- Sugar 17g (17%)
- Protein 23g
- Sodium 1040mg (45%)
- Potassium 75mg (2%)
- Calcium 125mg (10%)
- Iron 6mg (33%)
Ingredients List for Bison Stew
- Mixed Vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, green beans)
- Ground Canadian Bison
- Mashed Potatoes
- Tomato paste
- Vegetable Soup Base
- Gluten Free Flour
- Canola Oil
|Dimensions||80 × 60 × 100 mm|
No Added Dairy, No Added Gluten, No Egg, No Fish, No Mustard, No Nuts, No Peanuts, No Pork, No Soy, No Sulphites