- You cannot add "Vegetarian Harira Stew" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
The city of Bologna in Northern Italy has been credited for inventing this most famous of Italian sauces and you can find authentic variations of it throughout Italy.
There is nothing better for satisfying a hungry appetite while in the backcountry than a plate of hot pasta covered in hand-crafted bolognese sauce.
Yamnuska Backcountry Kitchen’s Bolognese Sauce is made with 100% Alberta beef, fresh carrots, plum tomatoes, Italian herbs, chilies, garlic, onions and is packaged with try-color fusilli (gluten-free fusilli also available). Admittedly this entrée is a hefty weight at 225g – 125g of it pasta – but, it is oh so worth it!
For the full experience pack along some grated parmesan cheese and stir in just prior to serving.
Out of stock
Suggestions for Serving our Beef Bolognese
- Serve with tricolour fusilli pasta (included - gluten-free available)
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top just prior to serving. (not included)
Preparation Instructions for 1 package of Beef Bolognese Sauce
Keeping hydrated is even more critical when you consume foods that have had their moisture removed to keep from spoiling outside of the fridge and freezer. Proper re-hydration prior to consumption is very important. In high impact or long endurance activities, keeping your body properly hydrated is challenging and can on its own create issues with energy levels, strength and concentration. We have some tips for staying hydrated in the backcountry.
- Bring approximately 700ml of water to a boil in a 1 litre pot.
- Add pasta and cook until desired level of tenderness. Remove pasta from pot, preserving the hot water for rehydrating the sauce. Set pasta aside.
- Mix sauce contents into the hot water, cover and let stand for several minutes to begin the rehydration process. Add additional water if needed.
- Return the mixture to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on altitude and temperature.
- Continue to rehydrate until the desired texture is achieved.
- Add the pasta back to the sauce and mix.
- Add grated cheese if yo have it and enjoy!
Ingredients List for Beef Bolognese Sauce
- Lean ground 100% Alberta Beef
- Canola Oil
- Black Pepper
|Dimensions||80 × 120 × 100 mm|
No Added Dairy, No Corn, No Fish, No Mustard, No Nuts, No Peanuts, No Soy, No Sulphites